If Rosemary Raisin Crackers sound familiar to you, you’ve probably seen them (and/or are obsessed with them) at Trader Joe’s. I’ve actually never tried them myself, but, I have several friends who openly proclaim their love for Sir TJ’s Rosemary Raisin Crackers. That combo sounded amazing and since it’s simply unwise of me to purchase those crackers just to “taste” them (they’re not gluten-free and the whole box would be gone in t-minus 60 seconds. #whalebaby), I figured I could just make them myself. This was one of those times where I actually displayed some self-control in Trader Joe’s. Keyword: onetime.
Even better is this grain-free, crap-free version has less than 5 ingredients to boot. Most paleo, gluten-free, and clean eaters already have these ingredients in their cabinets, so, why not make this super easy & quick snack today?! And if you can’t tell, yet, sweet & savory treats are my absolute favorite.
I even plan on making a few dips to go along with these bad boys. I mean, honestly, what is the point of crackers if you have no dip! Crackers are THE vehicle for dips and toppings… they’re simply begging to be smothered in savory (or sweet!) goodness. I ate these bad boys with tuna salad and to only say it was delicious would be a vast understatement. I typically put golden raisins in my tuna salad anyway, so, these crackers ended up being the perfect dipping utensil! They’d be great with chicken salad, too.
I’m pretty sure everyone on the paleo diet has at one point missed & craved crispy, crunchy crackers. So, the next time your craving hits, you’ll know what to make. **Not a fan of raisins? I’ve seen TJ’s makes a fig version as well, so, FIG IT UP INSTEAD, BABY!
[** = raisin haters, never fear, another dried fruit option is here!]
- 1-1/2 cups [url href=”Honeyville Blanched Almond Meal Flour, 5 lbs.” target=”_blank” title=”Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour – 5 lbs (Honeyville almond flour has the finest grind I’ve found)”]Honeyville almond flour[/url]
- 1/2 cup [url href=”Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour, 20-Ounce (Pack of 4)” target=”_blank” title=”Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour – 4 pk (the only brand I buy)”]tapioca flour[/url]
- 1/3 cup regular OR golden raisins, roughly chopped (I would’ve used golden, but, needed to use the others first)
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp [url href=”Kasandrinos 100% Organic Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Olive Oil, 500ml” target=”_blank” title=”Kasandrinos Extra Virgin Olive Oil – incomparable in taste!”]Kasandrinos olive oil[/url]
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt + extra for top
- Preheat oven to 350 and
- Place all ingredients – except chopped raisins – in a food processor and pulse until dough ball forms.
- Use hands or a spatula to gently incorporate raisins into dough.
- Place between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out until “cracker-thin”. (about 1/8 of an inch thick)
- [url href=”http://meritandfork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/RosemaryRaisinPrep.jpg”][img src=”http://meritandfork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/RosemaryRaisinPrep.jpg” width=”700″ height=”467″ class=”aligncenter size-full”][/url]
- Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into uniform squares, trimming off excess & uneven edges.
- Lift parchment paper onto a baking sheet and place into preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then, turn oven off and leave inside to bake for another 3-5 minutes. Remove when edges are golden brown.