We are SO excited to announce that we are partnering with Kendra from Our Paleo Life to bring Merit + Fork recipes to her site on the first Wednesday of every month, paired with an illustration from yours truly.
This time around, Nicole has seriously perfected the art of the paleo chocolate chip cookie! Gone are the days of crumbly almond flour pucks – these babies are guaranteed to fool any paleo hater. Even better, the recipe is customizable to suit those of you who like chewy, chewy inside/crispy outside, or crispy alllll the way through cookies. And, unlike most paleo cookie recipes, these will actually STAY crispy.
Did I mention the recipe is also egg-free and nut-free? High fives all around! Enough yammering from me… get on over to Our Paleo Life and make these bad boys immediately! While you’re there, be sure to check out Kendra’s other recipes as well. We’ve been fans of Our Paleo Life for quite awhile, so, it’s quite an honor to be featured on the site!
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, ghee, OR coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ⅓ cup coconut flour (if using any brand other than Honeyville Coconut Flour, use a slightly scant ⅓ cup coconut flour)
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin (we use Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life brand for a dairy-free, soy-free option)
- Preheat oven to 350 & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients (except coconut sugar & chocolate chips) together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter/oil, sweeteners, & vanilla together until a brown syrup forms. Slowly pour & whisk into flour mixture until dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula and let dough sit for 1-2 mins before forming cookies, using a tablespoon for consistent sizing.
- Bake for 10-12 mins and let cool on a wire rack before serving.