Paleo Sugar Cookie Cutouts
- ¾ cup coconut flour - use a slightly scant ¾ cup if using any brand other than Honeyville
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup honey/maple syrup (I use ¼ cup of each)
- 6 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar of choice (coconut palm, maple, organic cane)
- 1 cup butter/shortening, softened to room temp (I use a bit of both)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & break out the rolling pin!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together and form a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted ghee + coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, milk, and vanilla together and pour into well. Mix until well-combined dough forms.
- Set aside for 1-2 minutes to let liquids absorb, then, form into a ball of dough. Place dough ball onto a large sheet of parchment paper with another sheet directly on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out into a 10x16 inch rectangle. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place onto parchment-lined baking tray. If using sprinkles, evenly distribute onto cookies now.
- Chill baking sheet with unbaked cookies in refrigerator for 15 mins. Immediately place chilled baking tray into preheated oven. Bake for around 11 mins until lightly golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely before coating/piping with royal icing.