He has asked me to keep this trip quick and only get what I need since he’s waiting in the car with the dog. I convince him I will oblige. (I will not.)
There’s something so calming about walking into a grocery store at night while everything’s getting cleaned up & ready to close, all for its morning debut 8 hours later…So, it’s only natural that the fluorescent orange carrots with their beautifully lush, green tops, screamed out to me. Freshly misted & glistening with water droplets while perfectly-positioned on their produce perch, those carrots were BEGGING to be bought.Calling out to me, “oil up our bodies and put us in the oven!!!” Perverts.So, unlike James’ request to hurry-the-F#%$ up/not buy anything, I will oblige the carrots’ request and BUY THEM BISHES.
Look at all that perfectly caramelized goodness…
So, what shall we DO with these beautifully roasted carrots? Well… I had received a box of Soom Foods tahini spreads a few weeks back and decided to try incorporating more tahini into my life! I’d always thought I wasn’t a fan of tahini until I gave Soom tahini a try.
I first tasted their chocolate-tahini spread (move over, Nutella. You’re old news, bruh.), WHICH WAS F#%&ING HEAVENLY. I then tasted the original tahini spread.
I will be honest in saying I THOUGHT I would hate it, but, boy was I was wrong. I totally loved it.
I immediately ran and grabbed some gluten-free pretzels to dip in both jars. Tahini is like a grown up, sophisticated nut-butter! I instantly knew all kinds of tahini recipes would be in my future and this yummy, simple recipe was born.
Plus, I’d eat this sweet tahini drizzle sans carrots all day erry day if I could…
- 1 bunch of "pretty carrots" (aka carrots with tops - about 1 lb.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced/grated
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Sweet Tahini Drizzle:
- 1-1/2 tbsp tahini (I use Soom Foods - hands down, the best tahini I've ever tasted)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1-1/2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp lemon juice (or more, to taste)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place carrots in an oven-safe dish and toss with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add water to dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 mins.
- Uncover and bake another 25-30 mins (depending on size of carrots) until caramelized and cooked through.
- Transfer to serving dish and drizzle with tahini glaze. Garnish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped parsley or carrots tops.