ARRRRRRIIIIIIBA!!!!!!! Speedy Gonzalez! Tacos! These are the sad, stereotypical thoughts that run through my mind when I read “pico de gallo”. Please, don’t hate me… I’m just a dumb American. YOU WOULDN’T KNOW IT WIT DIS SALSA, DOE!!!! This pico is so fresh and delicious, I brought it to my parents house for marinated flank steak taco night, and my whole family preferred it over the jar of store-bought mild salsa on the table. Can you blame ‘em!? Who doesn’t love a bowl of freshly made salsa chock full of fresh CILANTRO! Mmmmmmm. This salsa reminded me a lot of the mild salsa from Chipotle. YAAAASSSSSSS… exactly what I was unintentionally going for. It’s super simple, light, & yummy and great on lettuce wrapped tacos. Another plus is we’re hitting the 5 ingredient or less mark with this salsa! Woop woop! Hope you love it as much as we do!
- 3-4 roma tomatoes (or ripe tomato of choice), diced
- 1 small red onion, small-diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve immediately.