Paleo Gingerbread Man Cookies
- 3 cups almond flour
- 6 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal/ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup OR honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & break out the rolling pin!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients (except coconut sugar) together and form a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted ghee + coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, molasses, coconut sugar, and vanilla together and pour into well. Mix until well-combined dough forms.
- Set aside for 1-2 minutes to let liquids absorb, then, form into a ball of dough. Place dough ball onto a large sheet of parchment paper with another sheet directly on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to desired thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place onto parchment-lined baking tray.
- Chill baking sheet with unbaked cookies in refrigerator for 5 mins. Immediately place chilled baking tray into preheated oven. Bake for around 11-12 mins max.
- Remove and let cool completely before coating/piping with royal icing.