It’s been a while since our last Friday Foodshare, so, I figured we were long overdue for some quick, paleo meal inspiration.
Next week on OurPaleoLife.com, (aka the first Wednesday of every month) we’ll be guest posting our Paleo Veggie-Packed Mini Turkey Meatloaf recipe, so, stay tuned! It’s one of my absolute FAVS, which is a far cry from my childhood-distaste for meatloaf that I had while growing up.
If you’ve never made Turkey Meatloaf, you’re especially in for a treat. Alongside my leftover mini meatloaf, (meatloaf makes one of THE best leftovers, by the way) I whipped up a quick little hodgepodge salad… Here’s the easy recipe!
These were samples of ‘Winter’ & ‘Cranberry’, but, their original flavor is amazing, too. They’re pretty much one of the best paleo bars I’ve had (and I’ve tried a LOT of paleo bars), but, don’t tell anyone else I said that. They’re actually sweet compared to most paleo snack bars which are typically very lightly sweetened/bland and they’re not overflowing with huge chunks of nuts – the perfect balance of flavors & textures. If you’d like to try some Me Like Bars of your own, MeLike was ever so generous to provide us with our very own coupon code.
Get 15% off your ENTIRE ORDER at MeLikeBars.com by using the coupon code: MERITANDFORK at checkout! (expires 2/28/15)
- 2 handfuls organic baby spinach/baby kale (I used kale)
- 6 organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- thinly sliced carrots
- thinly sliced celery
- thinly sliced onion
- handful dried cranberries
- handful raw [sprouted] sunflower seeds
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup Kasandrinos olive oil, avocado oil, OR walnut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly chopped parsley
- garlic powder + onion powder
- salt & pepper
- Whisk together last 5 dressing ingredients - oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and/or onion powder, and salt & pepper, to taste.
- Toss remaining salad ingredients together and pour vinaigrette over top. Garnish (opt) with a bit more bacon, cranberry, sunflower seeds, and parsley. Enjoy.