A side dish for that Louisiana Chicken! You didn’t think I’d just leave you hanging there with a skillet full o’ chicken, did ya?! Well, normally I would have, but, this New Orleans-Caribbeans vacay deserves way more love than just one measly chicken recipe! I’m bringing you three more!
This mash and slightly tangy, slightly sweet and chock full of flavor. I’d never had sweet potatoes with cilantro in them until our trip to The Big Easy and I have to say it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite things.
- 4 peeled sweet potatoes, cubed (about 7 cups cubed sweet potato)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced, set aside 2-4 tbsp for garnish
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of ½ a lime
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter/ghee
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place cubed sweet potatoes, peppers, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and water, in a large pot, covered, over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low - med low and simmer for 30 mins until tender. Drain.
- Mash with remaining ingredients, garnish with diced red onion & a bit of fresh cilantro and serve.