Paleo BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil, ghee OR coconut oil
- 1 onion, small-diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 cups paleo ketchup
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce (I use Wan Ja Shan Organic GF-Vegan brand)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-1/2 tbsp molasses (opt)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, Sriracha OR hot sauce of choice
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Heat oil/ghee in a non-metal saucepan over med heat. Saute onion until soft - about 5 mins. Add garlic during last 30 seconds and sauté until fragrant.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire, sweetener, molasses and spices.
- Mix & reduce heat to simmer, partially covered, until sauce has thickened - about 20 mins.