I couldn’t leave you hanging with all that talk of New Orleans without making THE #1 DESSERT from The Big Easy. (I promise I’ll stop saying “The Big Easy” after today.)
I’m sure nobody from New Orleans have ever even used that term, but, it makes me feel cooler, OKAY.
BEHOLD: AUTHENTIC BANANAS FOSTER. EASY AS SHIT TO MAKE. MIND BLOWINGLY DELICIOUS. PERFECTION. THE END. GOODBYE. (You can thank me later.)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled & sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp butter OR 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1 tsp rum
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Mix butter/ghee and coconut sugar in skillet over med heat.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar begins to dissolve, then, add maple syrup.
- Whisk until well combined, then, add sliced banana halves to sauce. Sprinkle cinnamon & sea salt over top.
- Swish skillet around to gently coat bananas in sauce, then, pour brandy & rum in center of skillet.
- Swish again to mix in liquer and saute until bananas are warmed through.
- Serve bananas with non-dairy (or dairy!) vanilla ice cream. Spoon warm sauce over top.