I got the idea for this vinaigrette after making my homemade strawberry-lemonade jam and turning it into strawberry vinaigrette. I had a jar of egg-free mango curd that was just begging to be used the same way. It’s so easy to make salad dressing with fruit jams and curds. It lends a flavor and texture that you just can’t get anywhere else! It’s slightly creamy, sweet and tangy and great on any type of lettuce or leafy green. It actually reminds me a LOT of honey mustard! Enjoy!
Updated 4/16/15 – almost exactly 1 year later! The photos for my early recipes (i.e. THIS RECIPE) are shamefully terrible… my, how far we’ve come…
I’ve revamped this post with new photos AND a new recipe, so, it’s super simple, quick, and fresh. What could be better? I went crazy at the Indo-Pak supermarket and bought a huge case of Ataulfo mangoes for crazy-cheap and then I had no choice but to make 30 mango recipes. So, here’s #1 out of 30.
This quick & easy recipe will also be in Paleo Parents’ upcoming e-book, so, keep your eyes peeled for exciting news on that!
- 2 Ataulfo mangoes, peeled & chopped (about 1-1/4 cup roughly chopped mango)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Kasandrinos extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (opt)
- pinch of garlic powder (opt)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, sliced (green part only)
- Blend all ingredients, except scallions, together until smooth. (I use an immersion/hand blender.)
- Whisk scallions into dressing and serve immediately! [i]Make it a meal by adding a lightly seasoned wild salmon filet or pastured chicken breast.[/i]