Ho-ly crap. These Brussels sprouts are so insanely easy and delicious. It’s craaay cray cray cray cray. (Yes, I’m one of those young ninnies who says “totes” and “cray cray.”) I actually got the idea from an Annapolis restaurant we went to that drizzled honey and dolloped goat cheese on top of deep-fried brussels sprouts. They were okay… but, deep-frying them caused almost all of the leaves to burn and they weren’t seasoned well. The unburnt insides were mushy and bland and there wasn’t nearly enough honey or goat cheese. I was slightly disappointed, but, at the same time, extremely excited because I knew I could make them 100x better at home.
The next day I went out and bought a pound of brussels sprouts and a small, 4oz log of goat cheese. It was ON! It was HAPPENING! (and it was Easter! So, I had a family full of taste testers ready to give me their opinion.) I made my standard roasted & seasoned Brussels sprouts and topped them with lots of goat cheese crumbles and a geeeenerous drizzle of honey. O.M.G. Out. Of. This. World. Some next level brusselsprout shiz. I’m going to end it here because, really… you simply MUST make these yourself to fully comprehend the nomz.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup honey (preferably raw)
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts & pull off any yellow or loose outer leaves. Slice larger sprouts in half.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil & and a liberal bit of salt. Taste to ensure they're well-seasoned. Pour onto a parchment lined sheet pan and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on size.
- Shake the pan a few times while cooking to brown the sprouts evenly until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- When done, remove from oven and pour into a serving bowl. Top with freshly cracked black pepper, then, immediately drizzle with honey & drop small goat cheese crumbles all over - don't skimp on the honey & goat cheese, I really don't think you can overdo it here. Add more or less as desired.