These fluffy little egg muffins came to me one Saturday morning while James was working. When he’s gone, you can almost guarantee I’ll be in the kitchen testing recipes. WHEN JAMES IS AWAY, NICOLE WILL PLAY EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. I was kinda going for an “all work no play makes Jack a dull boy” ‘Shining’ effect there, but, as usual… Fail. I’m much funnier in my head. Sigh.
SO, HAM. CHEDDAR. SMOKED SALMON. GOAT CHEESE. WHO DOESN’T LOVE ALL THESE THINGS. Even for you non-cheese eaters, (how do you live without it?!) I can attest, they’re just as good sans cheese. You can even prepare the mix and pour it into muffin tins the night before, then, bake in the morning while you get ready! Not to mention these fluffy lil egg pillows are perfect to grab on the go.
I’m fortunate to always have ham & smoked salmon (and every clean deli meat imaginable) frozen in 4 oz. portions. Since I’m the only one who eats the stuff, other than James’ occasional pepperoni/salami craving, I portion my sliced ham, turkey, chicken, salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, smoked salmon & sliced cheese into single servings, freeze in Ziploc bags, then, thaw when I’m ready to use them. It’s actually a pretty great idea, if you ask me. This way, I don’t force myself to eat an entire bag of lunch meat before it goes bad. This is the downfall of living with someone who eats like a friggin’ bird… I’m also always the only one demolishing the pint of ice cream in the freezer. Sigh. How do I always get off topic? Just make the dang muffins!
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices ham, chopped
- 3 tbsp dairy/non-dairy milk of choice (I use almond)
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion, sliced - green parts only
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, small-diced
- ½ tsp fresh chopped parsley OR ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour into greased muffin tin. (I used bacon grease)
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until cooked through.
- Remove, serve, and enjoy!