This chilly Sunday morning seemed like the perfect time for a warm mug of something. ANYTHING. ANYTHING AT ALL. Spring has been such a damn tease and we just keep getting pounded by cruel, cruel, Mother Nature. It frigging SNOWED yesterday, March 29th. I. Just. Can’t. EVEN.
So, this morning I ditched my usual herbal coffee/kombucha/water combo for something more fun. I couldn’t decide between a nice black tea, turmeric tea, and milky-sweet chai tea, so, I decided to try turmeric MILK! AKA MILK OF THE GODS. MILK OF THE LAMB. (I don’t know where “lamb milk” came from. IT’S ACTUALLY JUST MILK OF THE ALMOND/COCONUT.) Chai spiced, warm, creamy, slightly sweet, and packed with crazy-good-for-you nutrients & health benefits.
You can remove/tweak the spices to your liking if you’re not a huge chai-flavor person, but, just make sure to leave the turmeric! That’s the good stuff.
- 1-1/2 cups non-dairy milk of choice (I used 1 cup almond + ½ cup coconut milk)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (I use this AMAZINGLY fine microplane)
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp each of ground nutmeg, allspice, & cloves
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- maple syrup, honey, or stevia, to taste (opt)
- **I added Pure Indian Foods spiced digestive ghee to this for a boost of healthy fats! [digestive ghee = grass-fed ghee infused w/ cardamom, ginger, cinnamon]
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Once warmed through/simmering, strain through a coffee filter & serve immediately.