For the past week, I’ve been up to my elbows in wood glue as I help Casey of Foxwood Co. manufacture a metric ton of jewelry stands for Aid Through Trade. Casey and I have been passing the time by bitching about how MDF sawdust is just the worst. How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.
MDF dust is:
- basically aerosolized formaldehyde
- a really ugly shade of brown
- so super fine that it floats through the air and has basically coated every surface of the shop with a layer of gross
- now nicknamed “the Devil’s Dandruff”
MDF dust is NOT:
- what I want my clothing to be covered in when I accidentally sit on my white couch
- a friend to you and me
- good for eczema prone skin
Despite our differences, I made it my goal one afternoon to find the beauty in that damn dust.