This mango curd actually came about as a complete accident. I was attempting to make mango jam and it just came out… curdy. This tends to happen to me on a regular basis. I come up with an idea, write what I THINK the recipe would be, test said recipe, and either hit the nail on the head or end up with something slightly… different? This jam (no pun intended) turned into an egg-free curd and for once, I’m okay with that.
It’s crazy easy to make and can be used for an assortment of sweets. You can make my mango vinaigrette, a fruit tart with mango curd as the creamy base, fill cupcakes or my easy almond flour crepes with it, make mango-glazed ham/pork/chicken/fish… You can use this mango curd in sweet OR savory dishes. Yum! Enjoy.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled & chopped
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Tiiiny pinch of sea salt
- Blend/purée mangoes in blender or food processor.
- Pour into a saucepan over med high heat with lemon juice + zest and sweeteners. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook on a gentle boil, uncovered, whisking constantly for 20-25 minutes until thickened & reduced.
- Once done, serve immediately OR pour into an open jar, press a piece of saran wrap onto the surface and let cool at room temp before storing in an airtight jar in the fridge.
- **Try the mango vinaigrette using egg-free mango curd!