Easy Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat, chilled
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- *Alternatively, you could use canned coconut cream instead of chilling a can of coconut milk & waiting for it to separate. It's much easier, but, not as "clean". Canned coconut cream usually contains guar gum or a stabilizer of some sort. When I need a good amount of whipped cream, I just use Trader Joe's canned coconut cream. I don't mind eating the small bit of crap for a high yield of homemade, dairy-free, whipped cream. :)
- Refrigerate can (turn upside down to bring liquid to top & cream to bottom) for 30-60 min.
- Open and pour out liquid. Store covered in fridge for another use.
- Use a spatula to remove remaining thick coconut cream into a mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla & salt and whip with hand blender w/ electric whisk attachment OR use regular whisk, hand mixer or standing mixer.
- Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- **The longer it cools, the firmer it gets, so, be sure to whisk again before serving to regain fluffy, light texture.