This is a play on my vanilla cashew frosting with the addition of CREAMED COCONUT! Now, this is not the same thing as coconut cream… I bought a 6-pack of Let’s Do Organic creamed coconut in tetrapak boxes and opened it up to find that it’s almost exactly like Artisina coconut butter, but, thinner & creamier. It’s actually really good! I instantly knew this jam had to go into some cashew frosting. It didn’t hurt that I had made whoopie pie sandwich cakes the night before, so, I already had the perfect vehicle ready & waiting for my coconut cashew frosting. It was approved by 4 non-paleo, slightly picky eaters and deemed “really good”. I know I’ve done something right when my non-paleo family members tell me it’s good, and, according to them, this coconut cashew frosting won’t disappoint!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup creamed coconut (from a box - I use Lets Do Organic)
- 1 tbsp +extra as needed almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean pod, scraped, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp honey OR maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a Vitamix/high speed blender until thick & creamy frosting consistency.